The Vanderburgh County Medical Society is devoted to improving the professional status of physicians in our community. The rewards of membership come from the knowledge that you have joined other physicians that practice or live in Vanderburgh County to advocate for quality medical care for all our citizens. Together we can make a difference!
Benefits of membership include:
- Inclusion in our online pictorial membership directory. Your name, picture, address, and other information will be available in a searchable format online as long as you are a member.
- Advocacy for physicians and patients at the State and National level. Making your voice heard at the State and National level is of utmost concern at the Vanderburgh County Medical Society. Together we can change legislation in positive ways for the medical profession and together we can also stop harmful legislation that impedes our ability to practice medicine.
- Managed Care contract reviews by the VCMS attorney. Call the VCMS office (812) 475-9001 to arrange for this service.
- Validation of your training and your membership for patients. The VCMS receives many calls from the public inquiring whether their physician is a member of the Vanderburgh County Medical Society. The VCMS office confirms your membership for the caller and assists with contact information. This information is now available online, too.
- Complaint processing. The VCMS provides a mediation process to patients of VCMS members free-of-charge which is intended to open communication between the patient and his/her physician.
- Personalized service for practice management concerns. If you have a practice management question or concern, give the VCMS a call. We will use all the resources available to us to help you get the answers you need.
- Bi-monthly newsletter, “The Monitor”.
- Mailing service. If you need to send a mailing to VCMS members for an issue related to your practice, simply prepare your mailing, arrange to bring it to the VCMS office, we will label and mail it for you. We will use our bulk mailing permit and invoice you for the postage.